How We Serve the Veterans Who Served Our Country
There are hundreds of nonprofit agencies in communities nationwide that are excellent employment resources for veterans looking for work. These agencies:
- Offer a wide variety of job types and settings. Jobs span many fields, including: Administrative Services, Fleet Management, Supply Chain Management, Total Facilities Management, Contact Centers, IT Services, and Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Typically provide benefits such as: health, dental, and life insurance; pension plans; sick leave; vacation pay and paid holidays
To find SourceAmerica-affiliated nonprofit organizations in your area that employ veterans, visit our Nonprofit Locator to help you find an employer. The locator allows you to enter the name of a nonprofit agency in the SourceAmerica network or your state to search for agencies. The search returns agency name, address, phone number and website, if available.
If you have further questions regarding employment with the SourceAmerica network of providers, Denise Perka is available at email@example.com or (571) 421-8800.
From Military to Civilian: Resume Translation
Translating the military words on your resume into civilian ones can be challenging. For assistance, visit Military.com for resume translation guidance.
Our speakers highlight the talent and potential of people with disabilities and promote the message of tolerance both in and out of the workplace. Visit our Speakers page for more information.
"We hereby pledge our commitment to actively hire veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We value and recognize the leadership, training, character and discipline that our veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserve bring to our company and the American workforce."
The following links are provided to help Veterans make a successful transition to civilian life and corporate jobs:
- American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
- DOL Veterans Employment & Training Service
- Feds Hire Vets
- GI Jobs
- Hire Heroes USA
- Hiring Our Heroes
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- U.S. Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment Training Services (DOLVETS)
- Vet Jobs
- Wounded Warrior Project
Military transition assistance programs (TAPS) are available to assist veterans transitioning from military service.